New support to help improve mental health and wellbeing for businesses
and their staff
A new support programme from the West of England Combined Authority (WECA) in partnership with local authorities is offering regional employers help to respond to mental health concerns in the workplace, particularly those arising from Covid-19.
The package of support, including training resources, is available through WECA’s West of England Growth Hub website. It includes free mental health e-learning to equip managers with the confidence and skills to have supportive conversations with their staff about mental health and wellbeing, particularly in these challenging and changing times.
The programme aims to help create mentally healthy workplaces through supporting our region’s employers with information, tools and training. It offers mental health and wellbeing training and resources aimed at businesses and staff, including:
· Free e-Learning 'Managing Mental Health at Work' course for managers.
· Guidance for business leaders to adopt the Mental Health at Work Commitment and implement Mental Health At Work Core Standards.
· Support to create wellness action plans using templates developed by Mind
· Free suicide prevention training
· Toolkits and resources shared by employers including local businesses involved in Thrive Bristol
· Offers of peer support from businesses to help smaller companies learn from others’ experience of what works to improve mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.