Sidcot and Oakridge are the hamlets which lie to the east of the A38 from Winscombe village. They are outside the Settlement Boundary and have been vigorously protected from development by the Winscombe and Sandford Parish Council for at least the last 50 years. Most of the associated landscape is designated as Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
The oldest survving house is Harbury or Hartbury Batch which dates from 1718 being the original Quaker Meeting House. A single room was built on the backof the house eventually to become a schoolroom for about 10 children of Quaker families who, together with other Non-Conformists were not allowed to attend the village schools at the time. Sidcot School proper was founded in 1808 and together with about five or so houses until the start of the twentieth century was identifiable as the community of Sidcot and Oakridge.
Later in the 18th Century, Combe Cottages, a predecessor of the present Combe House (built about 1862), Sidcot Farm and a property known as Kidbury, later Kidborough Cottage, with the adjacent Meadowside were established. Rose Cottage and the present Combe House were built either by the School or by members of the Meeting. Oakridge House was the other significant property in these hamlets. The only developments since that time have been Oakridge (1930's and 1960's).
Associated with Kidbury is a field of about three acres, now known as Belgian Avenue Field. The field lies on the corner between, on the North Side, Fountai Lane and Oakridge Lane on the East. Fountain Lane is a narrow ancient country lane described in Quaker papers of 1690 as "the way that leadeth from Sidcot to Woodborrow".